PLAYGROUP – KINDERGARTEN
An informal individual assessment test is taken combined with an interview with both the parents. Generally, the reading level of a child, the vocabulary and concepts of urs and numbers are assessed. In addition, the confidence of the child, the level of spoken English and motor skills are taken into consideration.
Application for Class I onward are tested in three subjects – English, Urdu and Mathematics.
The pass percentage is 50%. Duration of each paper is approximately 30 minutes.
For the written test, the child should come properly equipped with a pencil, eraser, sharpener and ruler.
The papers are not set from any specific textbooks or syllabus but are of a general nature designed to test the aptitude of the child in the basic subjects.
The test paper is not shown to anyone and only marks are communicated to the parents/ guardians.
Parents fill in the admission form and pay the registration fees after which they receive:
- Relevant Fee structure slip
- Appointment card with testing date & time
- Registration receipt
- Prospectus purchase cash receipt
- Admission and fee payment information
- Prospectus & newsletter
The documents to be attached with the Admission Form include:
- A photocopy of Provisional Certificate and Character Certificate from last institution attended
- 2 recent passport size photographs
- 2 self-addressed envelopes
- Attested photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Report card from last school
Test and interview with both the parents are on the specified date
Result is finalised within a week of the test & displayed on the notice board. Parents are informed about further formalities.
Parents are given the admission fee bill, payable by a certain due date in a specific bank as mentioned on the fee bill.
The following fees are payable:
- Registration Fee Non-refundable
- Admission Fee Non-refundable
- Security Fee Refundable
- Tuition Fee Payable every month
On receipt of paid fee bill, parents are given:
- Admission Order (original)
- Book List
- Uniform List
- Fee is subject to annual review.
- Application forms are available at the school office and should be filled in the school
RULES OF PAYMENT:
- Fees are charged for all twelve months of the year and are payable every month.
- Parents have the option to pay the fee for the whole year as a lump sum.
- The fees payable for the period of the summer vacation are paid in advance and prior to closure.
- Once the fee bill has been issued, payment is made directly to the bank where the school operates its account. Parents must pay the fees by the date specified on the fee bill.
- Fees paid after the due date is subject to a flat surcharge as specified on the fee bill.